Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Post Bachelor Research Associate - Environmental Biogeochemistry in SEQUIM, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 310488
Directorate: Energy and Environment
Division: Coastal Research
Group: Environmental Biogeochemistry
•Conduct laboratory and field equipment preparation (e.g. acids baths, glassware ashing, etc.)
•Perform laboratory and field measurements (e.g salinity, TSS, pH, etc.)
•Support field sample collections (e.g water, sediments, biota, etc.)
•Operate and maintain equipment (e.g Shimazu TOC-L, ICP-OES, In-Situ TROLLs, Epiloglaser laser cutter, etc.)
•Interact, communicate, and problem solve with a diverse team of research staff within the biogeochemistry group
•Present research at technical conferences and project/program review meetings
Candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree within the past 24 months or within the next 8 months from an accredited college or university. Minimum overall GPA of 2.5 required.
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
• Experience at working in a chemical laboratory environment with common laboratory equipment and has experience preparing samples for analysis using trace-clean techniques
• Demonstrates ability to work well with teams
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to accomplish tasks in both the PNNL laboratory and offsite environments
• Capable to learn, implement, and execute the broad range of systems (safety, quality, procurement, etc.) necessary to complete project tasks
• Experience with Washington State Dept. of Ecology’s Environmental Monitoring Data system
• Must be able to accommodate a dynamic and potentially varying work schedule, depending on project needs
Degree in chemistry, earth sciences or related field.
3.5 GPA or higher is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. If you are offered a position at PNNL and are currently a participant in a foreign government talent recruitment program you will be required to disclose this information before your first day of employment.
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Job Category: Post-Graduates and Post-Docs
Group: Coastal Research
Opening Date: 2020-02-13
Closing Date: 2020-02-27