Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Masters Intern - Computing (NSIP) in SEATTLE, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308331
Directorate: National Security
Division: Computing & Analtyics
PNNL is seeking graduate students for assignments within the National Security Internship Program (NSIP). The Computing and Analytics Division is looking for individuals who have a passion for solving critical national challenges using advanced computational, statistical, and mathematical techniques. The intern will be given an opportunity to be presented with complex problems in national security, energy, and science; apply cutting-edge research to make our nation safer and stronger; develop complex computer code; develop and participate in cyber competitions; design new visualization; work with big data, and optimize solutions for energy.
Positions are available in Richland, WA and Seattle, WA, based on business need.
Diverse Focus Areas: Your internship can be in one of six technical groups.
- Applied Statistics & Computational Modeling: Employ powerful tools and techniques, such as mathematical modeling and computational statistics to solve complex problems in a variety of domains.
Disciplines: Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research
- Cyber Security: Deliver "first of a kind" solutions ranging from network and software development to embedded systems to protect our nation's critical strategic assets.
Disciplines: Cyber Security, Computer Science
- Data Sciences & Analytics: Operate on the data-to-knowledge continuum distilling large, fast, distributed, and messy data into knowledge to support decision processes.
Disciplines: Applied Machine Learning, Data Architectures, Data Engineering, Data Science, Deep Learning
- Operations & Analysis: Use a multitude of information sources to identify threats to critical networks and systems, creating tools that help us become more efficient at identifying those threats.
Disciplines: Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Management
- Software Engineering & Architectures: Develop and deliver well-architected software-centric systems and deploy sustainable software and hardware systems used in high-impact production environments.
Disciplines: Mobile Application Development, Software Engineering, Software Testing
- Visual Analytics: Make complex data useful through skillful visual design, compelling human computer interaction, sound analytic methods, and solid engineering.
Disciplines: Data Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Visualization, Virtual/Augmented Reality
To learn more:
Candidates must be matriculated/enrolled in a Master's program at an accredited college or university. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 is required.
Some projects may require U.S. citizenship.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Keywords: GHC, Grace Hopper Conference, TAPIA
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Master's and PhD Level Internships
Group: Software Project Management
Opening Date: 2018-09-14
Closing Date: 2018-10-05