Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Scientist - Complex Chemical Systems Dynamics in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307041
Directorate: Physical & Computational Sciences
Division: Advanced Computing, Mathematics & Data Division
Seeking a technical expert with a well-established national or international reputation, who:
• Can adeptly apply intensive and diversified knowledge of scientific or engineering principles to diverse assignments and research fields
• Has advanced state-of-the-art technologies and concepts
• Can lead major projects with Laboratory-level impact, as well as manage complex and interdisciplinary projects and tasks
• Can work with project teams across organizational boundaries and collaborators outside of the Laboratory
• Has led proposals to pursue new R&D areas that meet organizational long-term strategic goals
• Has the proven ability to generate funding for self, projects, initiatives, and other senior staff.
• Candidate also may participate in planning Laboratory-wide initiatives and/or sector or product line strategies.
Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience, a Master’s degree with 7 years of experience, or a PhD with 5 years of experience.
.Ph.D. or equivalent with 3+ years of independent research experience.
Substantial research portfolio in numerical methods, particularly for one or more of the following areas:
• Inverse problems
• Image analysis/reconstruction
• Uncertainty quantification
• Numerical methods for partial differential equations
• Dynamical systems
Research experience in one or more of the following application areas:
• Chemical physics and complex chemical kinetics
• Semiconductor device physics and/or quantum computing
• Manufacturing process simulations
• Integrated computational materials engineering (ICME)
Demonstrated track record of close collaboration with experimental researchers.
Demonstrated ability to obtain and renew external funding from government sponsors.
Proficient communication and collaboration abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Physical & Computational Sci's
Job Category: Scientists/Scientific Support
Group: Advanced Comput, Math & Data
Opening Date: 2018-04-24
Closing Date: 2018-07-28