Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Research Scientist - Wind Energy Applications in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308552
Directorate: Earth and Biological Sciences
Division: Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change
Group: Earth System Analysis and Modeling
The Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change Division at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) seeks a research scientist to advance our wind energy research portfolio through a combination of scientific activities and program development. The successful candidate will join a growing team of PNNL scientists and contribute to existing projects targeted at improving resource characterization (both terrestrial and offshore) and improving estimates of turbulence inflow in the context of a coupled measurements and modeling approach. In addition, the candidate will work with existing PNNL leadership to continue to develop PNNL’s wind energy research portfolio.
Bachelor's degree with at least 7 years’ experience or a Master's degree with 5 years’ experience or a PhD with 3 years’ experience.
• PhD with 10 years’ experience.
• Expertise in atmospheric sciences and analysis of boundary-layer turbulence.
• Experience with WRF and/or other modeling systems and high-performance computing.
• Experience in analysis of boundary layer observations or simulations for wind energy applications.
• Successful history of leading research teams and leading development of funded proposals
• Demonstrated ability to lead publications to completion in refereed journals
• History of direct engagement of the wind industry in research activities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Directorate: Earth & Biological Sciences
Job Category: Scientists/Scientific Support
Group: Earth Systems Analysis & Model
Opening Date: 2018-11-05
Closing Date: 2019-01-18