Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Manager, Issues Management (Quality & Assurance Consultant) in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307464
Directorate: Laboratory Planning & Performance Management (LPPM)
Division: Laboratory Performance Systems
Group: Issues Management
The Laboratory Planning & Performance Management Directorate is looking for a Quality & Assurance Consultant to lead a team within the Laboratory Performance Systems Division responsible for the deployment and improvement of a comprehensive Issue Management function for Battelle at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory. The incumbent will provide direction and oversight of the Laboratory’s Issues Management systems, processes, and people.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
– Interpreting and implementing Laboratory-level expectations for the execution and performance of issue. management: event reporting, event critiques, cause analyses, corrective action development, action tracking and effectiveness reviews.
– Developing of procedures, program/process design, training and deployment of specific issues management products.
– Identifying barriers or risks and developing mitigation strategies to achieve desired outcomes.
– Performing quality review of Issue Management products (Causals, CAPs, Effectiveness Reviews, Issue Summaries) and resolving variances.
– Maintaining a qualified, respected and responsive cadre of critique facilitators and cause analysts
– Leading and participating in cause analyses as well as serving as the Laboratory’s Senior Cause Analyst responsible for determining the scope for cause analysis charters, identification and oversight of all cause analysis activities, and finalization of the cause analysis deliverables.
– Serving as the Lab’s Enforcement Coordinator.
– Providing subject matter expertise on Issue Management at the Laboratory.
– Managing lab-owned Issues to closure- (medium and high significance issues).
– Reviewing issues for trends (types, aging, etc. ) and compliance with requirements (Extent of Deployment)
– Interacting with senior PNNL management, PNSO, and the Office of Enforcement.
– Bachelor’s degree that supports the specialization assigned and a minimum of 12 years related experience or advanced degree plus 10 years of related experience.
– Professional license and/or certification in a quality, quality assurance or assurance-related area preferred.
– Candidate will require a security clearance or have the ability to obtain one.
– Previous experience with casual analysis and issues management processes is strongly desired.
– Excellent communication skills, facilitation skills, and experience with change management are strongly desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a federal security clearance.
Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.Directorate: Laboratory Plng & Perf Mgmt
Job Category: Performance Management/Performance Assurance
Group: Laboratory Performance Systems
Opening Date: 2018-02-22
Closing Date: 2018-04-18