Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Junior Software Developer in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308541
Directorate: Communications and Information Technology
Division: Research Computing
The Research Computing Division at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking a junior software developer with Drupal expertise to join an award-winning team located in Richland and Seattle, Washington. Our team solves problems for a variety of US Government organizations such as the Department of Energy, US Armed Forces, and the Department of Homeland Security. As a senior software developer, you would be shaping requirements with clients, mentoring team members, and leading and participating in sprints to develop unique software solutions. If you are passionate about Drupal and web development, enjoy a challenge and want to work on an interactive team that is making a difference to our nation, read on!
At Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), our mission is to transform the world through courageous discovery and innovation. We advance the fundamental understanding of complex computational, chemical, physical and biological systems and provides science-based solutions to some of the nation’s most pressing challenges in national security, energy and the environment.
Research Computing supports scientific inquiry and advances scientific discovery by providing scientists and engineers across PNNL with the resources required to accelerate their research. This includes large-scale compute and storage resources such as high-performance computing capabilities and machine learning platforms, public and private cloud architectures, on-ramps to leadership class computing architectures, and a suite of software and collaboration platforms. We provide services, expertise and support to enable effective use of our computational resources.
• 1+ years of Drupal development experience
• Demonstrated ability to innovatively solve technical challenges using Drupal 8
• Experience using Git to manage a common codebase and workflow with a development team
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
• Familiar with agile team development methodologies
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 0-1 years' experience or similar MS degree
• Experience using Drupal with Elasticsearch/SOLR indices and multi-lingual, headless, and HA Drupal configurations
• Experience migrating content in/out of Drupal, including site migrations from version 7 to 8 and from non-Drupal data sources into Drupal
• Familiar with integrating external application programming interfaces in Drupal solutions
• Experience leveraging the Atlassian suite of tools and SharePoint
• Experience building responsive Drupal templates
• Detailed understanding of Object-Oriented Programming concepts
• Experience with Symfony
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Directorate: Comm & Information Technology
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Opening Date: 2019-03-28
Closing Date: 2019-06-25