Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Compensation Analyst in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308902
Directorate: Human Resources
What if you could discover dark matter... curb U.S. dependence on foreign fuel... clean up an oil spill... or save the world from acts of violence before they happen—all by making a vital scientific discovery today? Better yet, what if you could improve humanity for generations to come by finding and nurturing the scientists who will discover a myriad of ways to improve the world around us? Would you? We are. Consider joining us. The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is seeking a Compensation Analyst.
The Compensation Analyst will build on their expertise to provide compensation trends in the external market and ensure that PNNL jobs are appropriately aligned for internal equity and external competitiveness. This position is responsible for completing analyses to support the design and development of compensation programs to better align the Laboratory’s compensation structure with current industry trends and business needs; investigates policy and procedure issues and recommends and implements solutions. Will provide analysis and direction to HR field personnel and the responsible line management to administer organization policies that directly impact the Human Resources service delivery model.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This position reports to the Compensation and HRIS Manager. The Compensation Analyst is responsible for the following:
• Develops, implements, and administers compensation and variable pay policies, procedures, practices and programs; provides guidance on all compensation issues.
• Studies labor markets to determine compensation trends; analyzes jobs, and reviews job descriptions; applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry.
• Conducts job analysis, evaluation, and documentation, and ensures proper administration of base and variable pay programs.
• Provides consultation, information, and advise to leadership, human resources and staff as requested, reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Develops and provides communications and training programs on variety of compensation topics (e.g. compensation administration and strategy, job analysis, etc.); communicates programs verbally and through written materials.
• Has the authority to clarify and communicate existing Compensation policies and procedures, independently resolve questions and resolve issues, and prioritize work assignments.
• Identifies improvement/efficiency opportunities and assists in implementing creative solutions.
• Serve as primary interface with Finance, Payroll, HRIS, Recruiters and Human Resources Managers.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources, or related field and 6 or more years’ relevant experience or advanced degree and 4 or more years of relevant experience.
• Direct experience in in compensation field.
Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) and advanced Excel skills (i.e. vlook ups, pivot tables, arrays and IF statements).
• Demonstrated ability to identify problems and think independently about alternative ways to solve problems based on analysis of data.
• Financial acumen and ability to develop costing analysis modeling.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and guide processes through to closure.
• Ability to effectively consult with HR colleagues, senior executives and line managers and build and maintain professional network.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated track record of commitment to excellence in service and client relationship management.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Directorate: Human Resources
Job Category: Finance/Accounting/Auditing
Opening Date: 2019-02-05
Closing Date: 2019-03-06