Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Commercialization Manager - Balanced in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 308441
Division: Technology Deployment & Outreach
Works directly with research staff in designated portfolio areas, including Energy and Environment Directorate, to discover technologies with commercial potential. Links to TDO’s Key Market Sectors. Works with Senior Commercialization Managers to License technologies outside TDO’s Key Market Sectors.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and sustaining working relationships with PNNL researchers and leadership for the purpose of identifying research programs and their resulting technologies that can serve as the basis for future intellectual property where this sustaining role has a moderate degree of complexity within a well-defined set of related scientific disciplines. Responsible for expanding licensing to partners in similar, related technologies and market applications and to work with TDO Market commercialization managers to direct technology develop toward market needs, as appropriate.
• Applies own technical knowledge to increase TDO/department performance as gauged by Success Metrics included in TDO’s annual operating plan.
• Guided by TDO’s operating plan and internal policies and procedures to achieve impact within own technical areas and resulting technology.
• Guides and influences researchers to take action regarding specific technical development to improve probability of resulting protected intellectual property. Negotiates with external private-sector partners concerning technology licenses. Engages strategically with PNNL research and sector leaders relevant to Key Market. Represents the Laboratory in licensing discussions and makes commitments to partners.
• Provides leadership of impact of PNNL’s technology through functional influence of research and business areas.
Discipline, principal job duties/expectations, and qualitative and quantitative measures of performance that exceed the Functional Descriptor:
• Contributes directly to Laboratory financial performance.
Bachelors Degree plus 5 years experience or advanced degree plus 3 years experience
• 2 years experience in energy research
• 1 year experience directly working in or with product development and/or marketing of companies in energy research and technology areas
• Experience identifying and protecting intellectual property based on federally funded research
• Able to work effectively with energy and environmental researchers
• Contributes to development of intellectual property
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.
Directorate: Deputy Dir for S&T
Job Category: Managers
Group: Tech Deployment & Outreach
Opening Date: 2018-10-09
Closing Date: 2018-12-03