Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Chemical Engineer in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307519
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Division: Nuclear Sciences
Group: Experimental & Computational Engineering
The Experimental and Computational Engineering Group at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is currently seeking a Chemical Engineer.
• Applies principles of engineering, physics, and materials science as well as an understanding of core areas including fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and materials science along with tools like computer-aided design and product life cycle management to design and analyze heating and cooling systems; transport systems; and others.
• Designs, develops, and implements numerical methods for Computational Fluid Dynamics or Structural Mechanics analyses using advanced programming techniques.
• Designs, develops, and operates processes or unit operations to create a diverse range of products. Evaluates and manipulates the chemical properties of various substances used in the fabrication of new products. Designs, models evaluates, and implements chemical processes, instrumentation, and equipment to ensure effectiveness in engineering and design. Performs trials, tests, and/or experiments to support engineering, production, and/or R&D activities.
• Applies the principles of chemistry, nuclear science, biology, physics, material science, math, and engineering to solve problems that involve the production, use or conversion of chemicals, materials, and energy.
• The incumbent will provide experimental technical support, analyses and assessments for a broad range of industry and government clients in the area of Newtonian and non-Newtonian multiphase fluids. Success in this position requires the ability to seek out needed data on one's own initiative and to maintain effective communication with clients and project managers, while handling more than one project at a time. The incumbent will typically work in small teams.
Discipline, principal job duties/expectations, and qualitative and quantitative measures of performance that exceed the Functional Descriptor:
• Experience in multiphase flow (solid particles in liquids) analysis is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience, a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience, or a Ph.D. with 1 year of experience.
• Ph.D. is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Battelle Memorial Institute (BMI) at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. All BMI staff must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. BMI is an E-Verify employer. Learn more at jobs.pnnl.gov.Directorate: Energy & Environment
Job Category: Engineering/Engineering Techs
Group: Experimental & Computa Engrng
Opening Date: 2018-03-07
Closing Date: 2018-03-21