Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Financial & Project Management Specialist (College Park, MD) in COLLEGE PARK, Maryland
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307053
Directorate: Earth and Biological Sciences
Division: Atmospheric Sciences & Global Change
Group: Joint Global Change Research Institute
• Assists in daily coordination of project(s) including preparing and maintaining project plans, budgets, and staffing requirements. Tracks progress and identifies/resolves obstacles. Communicates to internal and external clients. Prepares purchase requisitions (PRs) and tracks procurements and service contracts throughout lifecycle. Supports business office in setting up financial structures, work breakdown structures, and maintains financial integrity. Has knowledge of a wide-range of business systems.
Discipline, principal job duties/expectations, and qualitative and quantitative measures of performance that exceed the Functional Descriptor:
• This position reports to the Director of the Joint Global Change Research Institute (JGCRI) located at the University of Maryland in College Park, Maryland. The Financial and Project Management Specialist is responsible for financial and management support for a wide range of sponsored projects focused on energy, environment and economic research. The incumbent will work closely with the rest of operations team at JGCRI, and in coordination with the Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change (ASGC) Division of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) in Richland, Washington. The incumbent serves as a resource to managers and technical staff at JGCRI to ensure program/project objectives are achieved and carried out consistently in the following areas: business and program management; accounting and budgeting; contracts; acquisitions and sales; quality assurance; environmental health and safety; and security and safeguards. The incumbent will regularly interact with a diverse group of sponsors including U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), other U.S. Government and State agencies, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, development banks, the private sector and academia.
NOTE: please submit a letter of interest describing how your qualifications and interest matches with the requirements for this position, together with your resume/CV as a single PDF document.
• Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years relevant experience
• Advanced degree and 5+ years of relevant experience
Educational requirements, certifications/licensures, subject matter expertise, and experience that exceed the Performance Level Indicators:
• The incumbent must have a good knowledge of PNNL policies and procedures in a wide range of areas that encompass the scope of this position and ensure implementation of these at the Institute consistent with PNNL and DOE guidelines. A knowledge and understanding of the functional organizations is essential in order to draw on PNNL’s total resources. This position requires a person with knowledge of business planning and administration; decision-making abilities for ensuring the successful execution of business strategies and values, and for maintaining good customer relationships; and good written and oral communications skills for communicating at all levels of the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.Directorate: Earth & Biological Sciences
Job Category: Finance/Accounting/Auditing
Group: Joint Global Chg Research Inst
Opening Date: 2018-02-16
Closing Date: 2018-03-23