Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Cyber Security Analyst [Wahington, D.C. - Bolling Air Force Base] in WASHINGTON, District Of Columbia
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 305914
Directorate: National Security
Division: Computational & Statistical Analytics
Group: Operations and Analysis
This position will conduct technical analysis related to various subject matters in support of national defense including cyber, operational information, geopolitics, world events, etc. primarily in the areas of threat assessment, situational awareness, and internet characterizations. The incumbent will perform data fusion from disparate data sets, and data analysis using advanced tools (such as data visualization, data management, link and node, OLAP, etc.). The incumbent will also participate in business development through requirements definition, procurement, setup and operation of unique data analysis centers for various government clients in support of the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Analysis of datasets, information queries, applications, and tools for the purpose of providing situational awareness both predictive and forensic.
- Maintaining proficiency in current and emerging analytical software products to conduct analysis that enhances the analytic workflow – includes but not limited to the PNNL-developed visualization tools suite.
- Oversight on security operations for PNNL-developed technologies.
- Providing training to U.S. government and intelligence analysts in methodologies and work flows utilizing COTS, GOTS, and PNNL developed tools and analytical software products.
- Teaming with technical peers to produce high quality technical products as defined. These products/tasks will include analysis of disparate sources of information on various subject matters, providing Internet characterizations and situational awareness to project clients; products include reports, briefings, demonstrations, and presentations for both policy and technical audiences.
- Supporting U.S. government and contractor intelligence analysts in development of all-source intelligence products that convey detailed assessments and projections of threats to U.S. Government assets.
- Managing tasks and mentoring junior technical staff within the project and provide direction to administrative and support staff.
- Interfacing with senior technical levels of the U.S. government (intelligence agencies, military commands and National Laboratories).
BS/BA Degree and 4 years of experience in a national security related field
- Advanced degree with experience in a national security related field
- Active federal security clearance - DOD TS or DOE Q
- Foreign language skills desired
Experience in one or more of the following:
- Build real-world situational awareness from cyber technical data
- Intelligence Analysis, Data Fusion Methodologies, and Data Visualization Techniques
- Analytic workflow
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain a federal security clearance in a timely manner. Which requires:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Safeguards and Security
Group: Operations and Analysis
Opening Date: 2016-10-17
Closing Date: 2016-12-31