Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Advanced Analytics Project Manager, Associate Senior in SEATTLE, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 305839
Directorate: National Security
Division: Computational & Statistical Analytics
Group: Visual Analytics
The Computational & Statistical Analytics Division seeks experienced, creative technical leaders to manage research and development programs in its rapidly growing analytics, data science, and cyber security portfolio. The position is responsible for identifying, planning, and executing R&D activities in computing, often taking early stage concepts or emerging sponsor challenges and refining those into actionable R&D programs. Successful program managers deliver results that meet scope, schedule, and budget while paying keen attention to developing their staff, expanding key sponsor relationships, and identifying new R&D opportunities for the organization.
Bachelor's degree plus 6 years of experience or advanced degree plus 4 years of experience.
- Experience relevant to task leadership and/or project management depth of knowledge in
science and/or methods needed to deliver project.
- Technical degree in computing, mathematics, engineering, or a related scientific field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in leading a multifaceted team of researchers, developing technical concepts, leading
teams, business development, and program planning and execution.
- Strong working knowledge of project management principle, tools and best practices.
- Extensive experience with R&D sponsors in the US Government and ability to engage deeply with analysts, program managers, and senior agency personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain a federal security clearance in a timely manner. Which requires:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Managers
Group: User Experience
Opening Date: 2016-09-29
Closing Date: 2017-03-01