Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Web Developer in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 305991
Directorate: Communications & Information Technology
Division: Software Engineering
Group: Web Solutions
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking a Drupal developer to join an award winning team located in Richland and Seattle, Washington. Our team builds websites for a variety of US Government organizations such as the Department of Energy, US Air Force, US Navy, and the Department of Homeland Security. Are you passionate about Drupal? Do you enjoy a challenge? Do you work well with others in an Agile, team-based environment? If that’s you, come join us!
At Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL), our mission is to transform the world through courageous discovery and innovation. Our vision: PNNL science and technology inspires and enables the world to live prosperously, safely, and securely. Our values of integrity, creativity, collaboration, impact and courage provide the foundation for all we do. PNNL advances the fundamental understanding of complex computational, chemical, physical and biological systems and provides science-based solutions to some of the nations most pressing challenges in national security, energy and the environment. We accomplish this mission through the outstanding research and development activities of our staff, excellence in operations and high-value partnerships. Our collaborative environment and commitment to work / life balance makes us an ideal place to advance your career, challenge yourself and make a difference.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 5 years' experience or MS degree and 3 years' experience (preferred); or 13 years' experience.
- 5+ years of web development experience
- 2+ years of Drupal development experience
- Demonstrated ability to innovatively solve technical challenges using Drupal 7
- Experience using Git to manage/share code with a team of developers
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (English).
- Must have experience using basic web languages with as HTML, CSS, XML, etc.
- Building websites using Drupal 7
- Writing custom Drupal modules
- Familiar with Drush
- Ability to manage time while working on a variety of tasks
- Possess a willingness to transfer skills to other team members
- Developing in a LAMP based architecture
- Building sites with common Drupal modules such as Views, Search API, Services, Feeds, and Features
- Responsive Drupal templates
- Understands Object Oriented Programming concepts
- Experience with Drupal 8 and/or Symfony a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Comm & Information Technology
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Group: Business Systms Supp & Opr's
Opening Date: 2016-10-14
Closing Date: 2016-12-13