Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Training Specialist in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306913
Directorate: National Security
Division: Systems Engineering & Integration
Group: Physical Protection Implementation
This Training Specialist position is responsible for leading the development of training materials in accordance with the DOE instructional system design (ISD) process utilizing the Systematic Approach to Training and the Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation (ADDIE) process. The training materials are developed to support effective management, operation, and maintenance of nuclear detection and deterrence systems deployed under U.S. Department of Energy international nuclear security programs. Responsibilities include:
- Assist in leading development and update specific operational and maintenance based curriculum for international partner countries of varying abilities
- Work with local and multi-lab teams to create best practices and promote consistency across ISD projects
- Interact with and provide technical direction to subcontractors performing the duties noted above
- Interact with PNNL program managers, representatives from other U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratories, U.S. Department of Energy sponsors, and representatives of foreign government partners in the nuclear security programs
- Work with Subject Matter Experts in task analysis, design and development
- Recommend and prioritize training delivery methods/media selection as part of the curriculum development
Bachelor's degree plus 7 years of experience or advanced degree plus 5 years of experience.
Independent contributor. Fully functioning, fully knowledgeable of theory, principles and practices. Broad based generalist or an in-depth specialist.
Ability to participate in up to 3 trips/year to foreign countries supported by the program
PhD and 3+ years’ experience applying the DOE instructional system design process (ISD) as described in the Training Program Handbook, Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) DOE-HDBK-1078094.
At least 4 years’ experience managing development and delivery of training material that incorporate classroom instruction, OJT, and computer-based training techniques
At least 4 years’ experience as an instructor delivering approved training material
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain a federal security clearance in a timely manner. Which requires:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Administration/Specialist/Support
Group: Physical Protection Implemen
Opening Date: 2017-01-09
Closing Date: 2017-02-01