Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Software Developer - Temporary Project Hire in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306475
Directorate: Communications & Information Technology
Division: Software Engineering
Group: Facilities, Property, and IT
Come and work for a billion dollar international research institution. Our collaborative environment and commitment to work/life balance makes Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’ (PNNL) an ideal place to advance your career, challenge yourself and make a difference.
Our science and technology inspires and enables the world to live prosperously, safely and securely. Our discoveries not only change the way people think, they increase our nation’s energy capacity and improve our national security efforts, making the world a cleaner and safer place.
We are looking for a strong Maximo developer to join our team to build workflows, automations, and engineer solutions used for facilities maintenance work. This is a project hire position with an expected employment duration of approximately two and a half years.
Are you a talented software professional who is ready to play a central role in the development of new business critical technology? Do you obsess with finding the right way – and believe that simplicity is genius and perfection is the enemy? Have you demonstrated the ability to be a contributing professional who has started to build a reputation for technical expertise – and want to work in an environment where you are expected to grow at a fast pace? Have you provided innovative solutions to a wide range of complex and ambiguous problems with minimal supervision? Are you experienced in all phases of the software development lifecycle and have a clear understanding of software development best practices? Do you have a fearless, positive attitude, and the way in which you achieve success is consistent with the PNNL values of Courage, Integrity, Impact, Collaboration and Creativity? Do you possess the desire to keep abreast of industry trends with the ability to apply those trends in your work? If so, then we would like to talk with you about the current openings on our project team.
You @ PNNL
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities would include:
- Analyze existing systems and formulate logic for new systems – defining logic procedures, preparing design documents, test plans, and test results;
- Utilize software engineering best practices through the entire software development lifecycle and recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards;
- Collaborate effectively on diverse teams (e.g., Service / Project managers, domain experts, users, and software engineering team) to design and deploy innovative business information systems across the enterprise
- Work as part of an agile team to deliver functionality under tight deadlines
- Assimilate knowledge quickly in a variety of domains.
Success in this role means delivering results through strong technical skill, communications, and collaboration with a relentless focus on what’s best for our users. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into PNNL every work day with a belief that you can positively impact the research and development efforts at a national laboratory. You know that your work makes a difference with our clients and users.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 5 years’ experience or MS degree and 3 years’ experience (preferred); or 13 years’ experience.
- Expertise working with Maximo 7.6, BIRT 4.3, WebSphere 8;
- Knowledge and expertise of Maximo Scheduler;
- Experience designing and implementing intricate workflows ;
- Experience with the Maximo Integration Framework (MIF);
- Knowledge and experience in the development of complex solutions within the Maximo Framework;
- Expertise in writing automation scripts;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience utilizing Maximo’s OSLC REST API;
- Familiarity with Maximo Core and Industry Solutions such as Control Desk, HSE, Nuclear, Calibration, etc.;
- Familiarity with utilizing a Maximo Mobile solution such as Maximo Anywhere, EZMax Mobile, InterLoc, EAM360, DataSplice, etc.;
- Experience writing layered BIRT Reports;
- Knowledgeable in key areas such as Work Management, Service Request, Multi-System Location Structure, Assets, and Inventory.
- Experience with iterative development practices such as Agile or Scrum.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Comm & Information Technology
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Group: Business Systms Supp & Opr's
Opening Date: 2017-04-04
Closing Date: 2017-05-04