Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Senior Research Scientist - Terrestrial Ecosystems in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306059
Directorate: Earth and Biological Sciences
Division: Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change
Group: Earth System Analysis and Modeling
The Atmospheric Sciences and Global Change Division at PNNL seeks a research scientist to advance understanding of terrestrial ecosystems and the carbon cycle for latitudes ranging from the tropics to the arctic. The successful candidate will conduct research to advance understanding and modeling of ecosystem response to future changes. The candidate will work with a team of PNNL scientists to design, perform, and analyze measurements and modeling experiments to test hypotheses of ecosystem and carbon cycle response to future changes such as rising CO2 and changing climate and land use / land cover. Specific topics of carbon cycle and land surface modeling that expand and complement existing PNNL research efforts are especially sought. The candidate will also work to develop a research program that supports new and existing staff members and will be expected to contribute to strategic planning and internal initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree with 9 years experience or a Master's degree with 7 years experience or a PhD with 5 years experience.
- Must have a national or international authority. Applying intensive and diversified knowledge of scientific or engineering principles in broad areas of assignments and related fields. An extensive publication list is required.
- PhD with 10 years’ experience.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with expertise in ecosystems and the carbon cycle.
- The candidate will also be expected to develop and lead externally-funded research projects, and engage in client interactions and program reviews.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Earth & Biological Sciences
Job Category: Scientists/Scientific Support
Group: Earth Systems Analysis & Model
Opening Date: 2016-11-21
Closing Date: 2016-12-21