Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Senior ICS Security Researcher in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306214
Directorate: National Security
Division: Computational & Statistical Analytics
Group: Cyber Security
PNNL is seeking a dynamic individual with a diverse background in computer science, cyber security and network security. In this position, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of growing team focused on challenges that range from basic research in the field of cyber security to the development of applied solutions and technology insertion. PNNL is committed to researching and developing new technologies and methodologies to better protect critical infrastructures from cyber-attacks.
- Was your first computer a Commodore 64? Did you take it apart and rebuild it?
- Are you fluent in a variety of programming languages, not just one or two?
- Are you skilled in a variety of operating systems and application types?
- Do you have work experience in a variety of disciplines – not only computer science but also other disciplines (physical security, physical or other sciences, etc.)?
- Do you have network security expertise, and/or SCADA system security expertise?
- Are you curious?
- Are you a skilled writer, communicator, and collaborator?
Then we want you!
You will collaborate on teams to develop technical solutions to meet sponsor needs in areas such as, but not limited to: intrusion prevention, identification of system vulnerabilities, and information system and operational technology security.
Requires BS degree in computer science, mathematics, electrical engineering or closely related field and at least 2 years’ experience, MS degree with 0-2 years’ experience.
Network security expertise is required.
Strong communication, teaming and writing skills are expected.
BS degree and 5+ years’ experience, or MS degree and over 3 years’ experience, or PhD. Maintain a current security clearance.
Expertise in Windows, Linux and client operating systems
Expertise with web-applications and database systems
Experience in corporate, academic and/or nuclear environments
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain a federal security clearance in a timely manner. Which requires:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Group: Cyber Security
Opening Date: 2017-01-19
Closing Date: 2017-03-20