Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Science Programs - High School SRI [ROSES] Software Research Intern (Academic) in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306678
Directorate: National Security
Division: Signatures Science and Technology
Group: Detection Systems
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) is seeking ambitious, high caliber junior or senior high school students for intern assignments within the ROSES Program (Research on the Science and Engineering of Signatures). This is a research-based experience for students who are traditionally underrepresented in science and engineering, specifically African American youth. The ROSES program was established at PNNL to increase the number of underrepresented minorities working at PNNL. Students work side-by-side with a scientist-mentor in a specific research area. Preference will be given to African American Students seeking a STEM career.
The selected student will provide software design, documentation, manual-testing, automated-testing, configuration, maintenance, and data collection support to a number of projects utilizing web-based knowledge management and other technologies. Prior knowledge is a bonus but not a requirement for acceptance. Training will be provided.
**** BEFORE YOU APPLY ****
When asked to upload your resume to your application, you need to upload one (1) PDF file that includes the following:
1. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial transcript
4. Personal Statement: Describe who you are beyond your academic achievements and potential. Other information in regards to what kind of activities, leadership or experiences you’ve had that contributed toward your interest in a business career.
APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT INCLUDE THE ITEMS ABOVE IN THEIR SINGLE PDF UPLOAD WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AS INCOMPLETE.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled as a sophomore or junior in a public or private high school.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age by October 2017.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (from beginning of 9th grade to current standing).
- Applicants must be Hispanic, African American, or Native American in ethnic origin.
1. Proficient in Microsoft program (excel, word, ppt, outlook)
2. Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills required
3. Must display maturity and high level of professionalism
4. Exposure or experience with problem solving, rapidly learning and adapting in a professional environment, general web development and testing methods preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Undergraduate Internships
Group: Detection Systems
Opening Date: 2017-06-14
Closing Date: 2017-11-03