Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Project Management Office Director - Information Analysis Solutions in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 305903
Directorate: National Security
Group: Project Management Office
The Information Analysis Solutions PMOD (Project Management Office Director) oversees expert delivery of projects supporting national security missions whose principal risk is failure to provide analytic systems, tools, and products of the highest integrity, quality, and utility. This PMOD function emphasizes the need to ensure integrity, quality, and utility of hardware systems, software architectures, software applications, information management sciences, decision sciences, analytic methods, and other disciplines.
- The PMOD provides leadership and direction to project staff and sponsors including strategy, risk mitigation and relationship management with line managers and the program development office.
- Provides senior, experienced leadership and management oversight to very large and/or highly complex projects and programs with exceptionally high sponsor and/or Battelle impact and investment.
- Responsible for managing extremely complex and high risk multi-year projects or programs, leveraging cross-directorate resources and capabilities, and effectively managing stakeholder interactions in the face of conflicting and changing priorities.
- Responsible for management oversight and resolution of significant issues and/or concerns that may be detrimental to the reputation of PNNL and/or Battelle, and leverages senior-level sponsor relationships to promote business development in close coordination with Program Development Office. Establishes project metrics, and makes decisions that require interpretive, evaluative, and experiential, seasoned judgment.
- Lead project management staff in acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party resources in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Establishes advanced sustainable networks across the Laboratory complex, promotes effective professional relationships with senior-level sponsors and influential stakeholders, and actively engages with executive level management to advance the discipline of project management, negotiate and resolve matters critical to the success of existing and future projects and business strategy.
- Participates as a senior level manager to lead initiatives and/or special activities, including participation in professional associations.
- Bachelor's degree with 12 years experience or advanced degree plus 10 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree plus 15 years of experience or advanced degree plus 13 years of experience.
- PMP certification or demonstrated equivalent (knowledge competency criteria) expected.
- Must possess demonstrated technical leadership and management skills and be able to perform each essential duty.
- Strong, proven interpersonal communications, problem solving and human relations skills are also needed to communicate well with staff, management, and external clients/groups.
- Extensive experience and documented business success over a 5-year period.
- A sound knowledge of PNNL policies and procedures, in addition to research facilities, and their operational requirements is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain a federal security clearance in a timely manner. Which requires:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Managers
Group: Chief Operating Officer
Opening Date: 2016-10-17
Closing Date: 2016-11-11