Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Post Doc Research Associate - Network Economics and Security in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306270
Directorate: Energy and Environment
Division: Electricity Infrastructure & Buildings
Group: Controls Group
We are seeking a Post Doc Research Associate to support the Laboratory's research in the Control of Complex Systems. This position will focus on research related to advanced control theory for the power grid, buildings and buildings-to-grid integration. The candidate must possess a strong theoretical foundation in distributed control theory and distributed decision-making (game theory, learning algorithms, etc.). The candidate would be expected to develop new and apply existing theory, tools, and technologies within the aforementioned domains. Furthermore, the successful candidate will prepare manuscripts for publication and present their work at conferences.
Candidates must have received a PhD within the past five years (60 months) or within the next 8 months from an accredited college or university.
- Market-based coordination strategies for controlling smart grid assets
- Multi-agent coordination, distributed control and optimization theory
- Distributed decision-making theory including microeconomic theory as applied to power grid problems
- Implementing control algorithms in test beds what include both hardware and simulation tools.
- Knowledge of power system modeling and simulation
- Expertise in MATLAB/Simulink
3.5 GPA or higher is preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Job Category: Post-Graduates and Post-Docs
Group: Optimization and Control
Opening Date: 2017-02-08
Closing Date: 2017-02-28