Pacific Northwest National Laboratory IT Technician, Project Hire in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306083
Directorate: Communications & Information Technology
Division: IT Service Delivery
Group: Help Desk
Come and work for a billion dollar international research institution. Our collaborative environment and commitment to work/life balance makes Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’ (PNNL) an ideal place to advance your career, challenge yourself and make a difference.
Our science and technology inspires and enables the world to live prosperously, safely and securely. Our discoveries not only change the way people think, they increase our nation’s energy capacity and improve our national security efforts, making the world a cleaner and safer place.
This is a project hire position with an expected employment duration of 3 months offering premier IT support services to our Macintosh users which is critical to the overall success of the Connected Mac project. This position will provide both phone and desk-side support, working under the direction of an experienced technician.
You are a one stop shop for supporting all things tech. You thrive on using your creative approach to solve difficult challenges. You are a highly trained and experienced Technology technician focused on the customer experience with the goal of restoring productivity as fast as possible. You take pride in generating and promoting innovative ideas to drive product improvements and user productivity. You are quick to learn new technologies and take pride in cross platform expertise. While you live, eat, and breathe technology, your ultimate focus is on creating a simple and intuitive user experience that masks technical complexities. You have an instinctive understanding of how things fit together and take pride in creating the glue that brings systems together seamlessly. As someone with strong interpersonal skills you have the ability to effectively interact with customers, collaborate with other IT support technicians, and are passionate about technology. You bring strong troubleshooting skills and outside the box thinking to problem solving with your team. You understand the importance of process and culture in high performing organizations and thrive in a fast paced, high tech environment focused on results. You are a life-long learner devoted to the concepts of continuous improvement in everything you do.
You embrace new ideas, maintain positive attitude even in challenging situations, and the way in which you achieve success is consistent with the PNNL values of Courage, Integrity, Impact, Collaboration and Creativity.
You @ PNNL
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities would include:
- Troubleshooting, researching, and resolving complex technical issues
- Provide customers with a personal, professional experience when requesting IT services and support.
- Perform work with the reliability, efficiency, and customer service orientation required to provide support from initial request to close-out.
- Use exceptional communication skills when interacting with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Use cutting edge technology to perform proactive incident management.
- Provides support for Mac
Success in this role means delivering results through strong technical skill, communications, and collaboration with a relentless focus on what’s best for our users. Success means continually holding oneself to the highest of professional and ethical standards and demanding the same of co-workers. Success is walking into PNNL every work day with a belief that you can positively impact the research and development efforts at a national laboratory. You know that your work makes a difference with our clients and users.
Technical Institute Graduate (TIG)/Associate's Degree plus 2 years related experience; OR, 4 years related experience required.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting operating systems, device drivers, and software applications
- Experience with OS X
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Exceptional communicator with both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Technical certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Processional (MCP), Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, HDI Support Center Analyst and HDI Desktop Support Technician, are preferred but not required.
- Expertise in principles and concepts of customer service and support
- Customer service oriented and approachable
- Able to deliver results with highest level of professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to solve challenging technical problems with innovative solutions
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Comm & Information Technology
Job Category: Computation and Information Sciences
Group: IT Service Delivery
Opening Date: 2016-11-23
Closing Date: 2016-12-07