Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Equipment Logistics Center Specialist in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 305858
Directorate: National Security
Division: Systems Engineering & Integration
Group: Operational Safeguards & Logistics
The Nuclear Smuggling Detection and Deterrence (NSDD) Help Desk seeks an Equipment Logistics Center (ELC) Specialist to work with assets including handheld radiation detection equipment, laptops, tablet PCs, and associated equipment. This position is responsible for the maintenance, deployment, recovery, troubleshooting, and replenishment/reconfiguration of handheld radiation detection equipment, training kits, and media kits including projectors, laptops/tablet PCs, and ancillary equipment. The successful candidate will be expected to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff, including NSDD Help Desk and ELC peers, the ELC Team Lead, NSDD Help Desk Manager, scientists/engineers, technical subject matter experts (SMEs), and bargaining unit staff. This position also interfaces frequently with external stakeholders from other national laboratories, vendors, international stakeholders, and Department of Energy (DOE) representatives.
- Knowledge of theory, principles and practices for operation and maintenance of handheld radiation detection equipment.
- This position will also require basic/intermediate IT skills necessary to provide basic support and reimage computer systems included in various kits, as well as configure settings on handheld detection equipment.
- Ability to effectively interpret and apply requirements, policies and procedures. Ability to identify gaps, assess risk areas, and recommend and implement viable solutions. This will encompass corporate policy and procedures including lab, bargaining unit, DOE, DOT and Export Control requirements for domestic and international shipping.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and 3 or more years of relevant experience. Substitution of a business-focused degree may be accepted if a candidate has demonstrated a history of experience in the use, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of fixed and handheld radiation detection equipment.
Demonstrated technical abilities with integrated hardware/software systems are strongly preferred.
Experience with a service request/issue/ticket tracking system (Footprints, Maximo, Siebel, JIRA, etc.) is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires incumbent to meet physical and procedural requirements for work in non-office environments including laboratories, radiological controlled areas, laydown yards, CONEX containers, warehouse environment, etc. Hazard interaction and required training will encompass:
-DOE Radiological Worker I training
- Manual lifting of material greater than 11kg (25lbs)
- Activity-Specific and Low-Hazard Electrical Worker training
- Hot/Cold Sources. A heat gun may be used in the ELC lab space
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Administration/Specialist/Support
Group: Operational Safeguards & Logis
Opening Date: 2016-10-03
Closing Date: 2016-11-01