Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Computer Vision Engineer in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306352
Directorate: National Security
Division: Signatures Science & Technology
Group: Applied Physics
PNNL and the Applied Physics group are seeking an engineer to support a variety of research and development efforts involving computer vision algorithm and sub-system development to support the development of first-of-a-kind microwave and millimeter-wave imaging systems for security screening and other applications. The candidate will be responsible for providing substantial technical contributions in a complex, time-sensitive, and safety-conscious laboratory working environment. The position will include planning, executing, analyzing, and documenting engineering and research tasks with minimal supervision. The successful candidate should demonstrate an interest and aptitude for working effectively in dynamic, multi-discipline teams. Will author and contribute to proposals, journal articles, technical reports, patent disclosures, and enhancement of external visibility of PNNL's research efforts.
Requires degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field: BS and 2-3 years’ experience, or MS and 0-2 years’ experience, or PhD.
Expected to contribute professionally, building a professional reputation for technical expertise. Fully applying and interpreting standard theories, principles, methods, tools and technologies.
Preference to candidates with degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field: BS and 5 years’ experience, or MS and 3+ years’ experience, or PhD with 1-2 years’ experience.
Preference to candidates with a current Federal Q Clearance and the ability to maintain such Clearance.
- Specific experience in developing computer vision algorithms and applications, including areas such as motion capture, motion estimation, 3D reconstruction, structure-from-motion, visual odometry, feature detection and matching, machine learning, etc.
- Strong signal and image processing skills
- Demonstrated ability to model and simulate complex computer vision systems using a variety of tools, such as C/C++, Python, and Matlab
- Beneficial experience includes algorithm development using graphical processing units (GPU’s) with programming in CUDA or OpenCL, and experience developing embedded systems for visual applications
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
This position requires the ability to obtain a federal security clearance in a timely manner. Which requires:
* U.S. Citizenship
* Background Investigation: Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified matter in accordance 10 CFR 710, Appendix B.
* Drug Testing: All Security Clearance (L or Q) positions will be considered by the Department of Energy to be Testing Designated Positions which means that they are subject to applicant, random, and for cause drug testing. In addition, applicants must be able to demonstrate non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for the 12 consecutive months preceding completion of the requisite Questionnaire for National Security Positions (QNSP).
Note: Applicants will be considered ineligible for security clearance processing by the U.S. Department of Energy until non-use of illegal drugs, including marijuana, for 12 consecutive months can be demonstrated.
Directorate: National Security Dir
Job Category: Engineering/Engineering Techs
Group: Applied Physics
Opening Date: 2017-08-07
Closing Date: 2017-08-22