Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Administrator in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 305898
Directorate: Energy and Environment
Division: Nuclear Sciences
Group: Experimental & Computational Engineering
This position provides administrative support to the Nuclear Process Science Initiative (NPSI), and the Nuclear Sciences Division (NSsD). This position will support a Project Coordinator, Battelle Fellow, multiple projects and the Technical Group Administrators in the NSsD.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
The Administrator II will manage the day-to-day operations of NPSI and NSsD. These duties include but are not limited to the following:
1.Responsible to staff with travel arrangements foreign and domestic as needed and with processing travel expense reports. Will track expenses and travel to avoid late fees.
2.Maintain effective working relationships with administrative counterparts across the Groups, Division, and the Lab as appropriate.
3.Serve as a resource on PNNL policies and procedures, organization structure, standard office procedures.
4.Schedule/calendar appointments for NPSI Lead and staff, assist with coordination of all logistics for meetings and workshops.
5.Maintain NPSI/NSsD administrative files of all records, databases, correspondence, and forms. Make purchases using B2B, Electronic Purchase Requisitions, or P-Card, as appropriate.
6.Assist Nuclear Sciences Division Administrators as needed.
7.Function as a resource to a range of customers internal and external to the Lab, via phone or written requests.
8.Identify and undertake stretch assignments.
The position is also responsible for helping with programmatic-related activities, which include projects sponsored by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and DOE-Office of Environmental Management Programs, as well as many smaller clients. This includes providing clerical support to project managers in the preparation of monthly reports to the client, as well as technical presentations, and arrangements pertaining to visits by clients.
This position will support NPSI investigators in the creation and submission of proposals to sponsors. This position will also function as support for Division Administrators.
This position involves interactions with group managers, technical staff, operations, human resources, and other appropriate other line managers, as well as various clients and visitors. It requires knowledge of the business administrative support functions necessary to support the business of the NPSI and Division objectives. It also requires the ability to quickly learn the business of the Division and Directorate. It also requires excellent communication skills, professional demeanor, and problem-solving skills.
- High school education and 3 or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience required.
- This position requires extended periods of working at a computer workstation.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Must be able to: demonstrate proficient use of standard office equipment; demonstrate proficient use of MS Office Suite; prioritize work, and coordinate calendars/schedules; be responsible for commitments and action items. Must understand office support functions and possess the ability to effectively apply procedures; work with minimal supervision; use discretion and good judgment about processing/disclosing sensitive or confidential information; direct workflow of others as appropriate. Communicates and serves as an information resource on policies, guidelines, and procedures. Demonstrates professionalism, tact, communicates in a positive manner, and exhibits discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills, including editing and proofing documents and presentations
- Manage the schedule, meetings, and agendas as directed by NPSI Project Coordinator and NSs Division Administrators.
- A proven ability to provide administrative assistance while simultaneously supporting a large number of staff
- Ability to manage work flow across multiple locations
- Experienced in managing client, contact, and project information
- Experienced in managing budgets for materials and equipment and tracking project and overhead financials.
- The ideal candidate will have knowledge of all PNNL administrative systems and processes.
- Knowledge of Battelle, PNNL, and DOE policies and procedures, and organizational structure is desired.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Expense System, B2B, TRIM, and RIDs is desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Job Category: Administration/Specialist/Support
Group: Experimental & Computa Engrng
Opening Date: 2016-10-13
Closing Date: 2016-10-27