Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Administrator in RICHLAND, Washington
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306303
Directorate: Energy and Environment
Division: Earth Systems Science
We’re looking for a driven, energetic administrator to organize and execute work as a member of the administrative team in PNNL’s Earth Systems Science Division. The position provides direct support to senior technical leaders and, receiving direction from the lead division administrator, supports workflow across the division, giving you the chance to experience the breadth of work across a cutting-edge R&D organization. This position serves as a full-time (40 hours per week) Administrator for the Hydrology Group.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provide responsive and confidential assistance to the Technical Group Manager (TGM) and approximately 43 group staff, nearly half of whom are foreign nationals, for the full range of business, administrative, and personnel needs and issues.
- Be a resource to all staff on administrative matters such as clearances, property management, service requests, privacy, security, etc.
- Coordinate and manage travel requests and processing for Hydrology Group staff.
- Support the TGM through all stages of the staff recruitment, hiring, and onboarding process.
- Submit and maintain accurate foreign national visitor information according to PNNL procedures.
- Organize group and project meetings, including scheduling and logistics such as rooms, meals, etc.
- Track and purchase supplies and equipment using purchasing system tools in accordance with PNNL policies.
- Will receive primary direction and assignments from the TGM and Division Administrator.
- Will primarily work independently within the framework of established policies and procedures.
- Exercise discretion and latitude in determining workflow and objectives.
- Serve as a team member to the administrative team among the Earth Systems Science Division.
High school education and 3 or more years of progressively responsible administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience required.
Must be able to perform the following:
- Demonstrate proficient use of standard office equipment
- Demonstrate proficient use of MS Office Suite; prioritize work, and coordinate calendars/schedules
- Be responsible for commitments and action items
- Must understand office support functions and possess the ability to effectively apply procedures
- Work with minimal supervision
- Use discretion and good judgment about processing/disclosing sensitive or confidential information
- Direct workflow of others as appropriate
- Communicates and serves as an information resource on policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Demonstrates professionalism, tact, communicates in a positive manner, and exhibits discretion.
- Experience working as an administrator for a group of at least 10 staff
- Experience working for PNNL, DOE, or a government contractor
- Tolerance of ambiguity and uncertainty
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
Directorate: Energy & Environment
Job Category: Administration/Specialist/Support
Opening Date: 2017-02-16
Closing Date: 2017-03-04